Today I have a special end of the year podcast episode. I recorded this episode last night on a whim as I was reflecting on all the things that have happened in the past year. In many ways this episode is me ‘letting it out’ and sharing with you in audio format a final journal entry for the year. Below you will find a quick list of the 16 things I tried over the past year. I elaborate on each one more in the podcast so be sure to listen to the episode as well. And if you feel up to it, as a bonus exercise, grab a journal and take a few minutes to reflect and let out some of the things you tried this year too.
16 Things I tried in 2016 and suggest trying…
- Travel alone. Go on trips by yourself. Visit friends.
- Meditate. Learn and actually work it into your routine.
- Switch up your hair. Trust your hairstylist.
- Say Yes. Do things that you might on want to leave the house for. (dates, classes, meet ups,)
- Say no. Be protective of your time.
- Put happiness above health and don’t feel guilty about that. (spoiler alert: that actually is the healthier thing for you.)
- Make new friends and reconnect with the old friends.
- Walk. Walk. And walk some more…
- Make up games. Say jokes and puns when you think them. Be silly.
- Go to the movies, watch movies, and talk about movies.
- Cook healthy food and share it with people.
- Have sleepovers with everyone.
- Exercise in ways you actually like. The best exercise for you is the one that is convenient for you.
- Listen to a lot of podcasts. They’re my favorite way to learn and feel less alone.
- Listen to a lot of music It will give your life a soundtrack.
- My ‘Go-To Cocktail’ for feeling good –>Read or listen to You Are A Badass & watch “HappyThankYouMorePlease”
SOME THINGS I MENTION THAT I LOVE AND ARE HELPFUL::
- TimeHop App
- Audible App for road trips on my own
- TM Meditation — check out the pod episode with Bob Roth on this
- Myers Briggs Test
- My pink hair! (photo below)