You know I love to use my kitchen for most of my beauty, skin, and hair care routine from videos I’ve made like this or this. However, what you may not know is that this woman a past WWRadio guest, Alexis Wolfer is actually the queen of this. Her new book, The Recipe for Radiance is all about how to discover ways to use your kitchen ingredients in your beauty routine. You’ll love her fresh perspective and unique super creative ideas. To find out more about the radiant author herself make sure you listen to our WWRadio conversation here, it was a great one. Today Alexis, the beauty behind The Beauty Bean and author of this amazing book is visiting Wonderland to share one of her favorite recipes from the book (& mine too). It’s a tool that easy, your skin will love, and will naturally remove stretch marks.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup manuka honey
- In a medium pot, boil the sweet potato in water until easily pierced with a fork, approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add the honey and blend until smooth and well combined
- Let it cool to room temperature before applying a thick layer to stretch marks. Let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat daily for best results
Notes: Retinols may be one of the go-to prescription treatments for healing stretch marks topically, but they cannot be applied during pregnancy. Retinols, though, get their power from Vitamin A—the same Vitamin A found in sweet potatoes! In this recipe, the sweet potato is combined with manuka honey, which has both anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has been show to help stimulate collagen production and the growth of new tissue.